Saturday 8 March 2014

Recipe 14- Mediterranean Chickpea,Tomato & Cucumber Salad

Recipe 14- Mediterranean Chickpea, Tomato & Cucumber Salad 
This week I decided to go the vegetarian route with my recipe choices. Chef Michael has included some great recipes that cater to the vegetarian lifestyle as well as some recipes for gluten free diets. 
I have neither lifestyles, but these recipes are appealing to anyone really. 
This is such a simple recipe, the flavor is fresh and reminded me of summer. 
I have been desperately hoping for spring to show its face. Even if the weather outside is grey and gloomy where you are, this salad will give you the pleasant reminder of what is to come weather wise.

First off, I began by making the dressing. From the past salads, Chef Michael has been spot on with his dressing creations. He chooses such nice combinations that really compliment everything in the salad. This one was no exception!
Into the blender went the sun dried tomatoes (which I secretly think look like ears lol ;) vinegar, oregano, mustard and salt. 
 After letting this blend for a few seconds I opened the blender to this beautiful bright orange red dressing. I couldn't resist the finger test on this one. Delicious! 
Next was just a matter of chopping my veggies and rinsing the chickpeas. 
 If this mix doesn't scream summer, I don't know what does. The smell of the fresh English cucumber and the chopped cherry tomatoes were just amazing! I could not wait to see how all these flavors worked together in this salad. 
After that it was simply tossing everything together in a large bowl. 

Once again the dressing proportions were exactly enough to give this salad a nice coating, but not dripping in dressing. You would think that Chef Michael knows what he's doing or something ;) 

I whipped this salad up in 10 minutes max. My family and I had this for lunch and it was terrific all on its own. However, this did make enough for leftovers and I plan on having it with Recipe 15- Lentil Chia burgers which are whats on tap for dinner tonight! 
In a previous blog post I said that I wasn't a "salad person" but I think Chef Michael is converting me with these amazing salad recipes. 
I think this salad would make a great addition to any meal really, or it is great on its own. This would be perfect to send for school or work lunches through the week.
I hope that you are inspired to make this one as well!

As always my compliments to the chef and cheers to you, my friends! 

Recipe 15 will be posted this Sunday- Lentil Chia Burgers 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment