Saturday 18 January 2014

Good Morning to the WORLD

Good Morning Everyone! 

WOW is all I can say today.
This morning at 6:15 am I was awoke by a tweet from Chef Michael Smith! 

I think I blinked one hundred times, rubbed my eyes, closed twitter, reopened it and then my jaw hung open for a good half hour. 

I feel very, very blessed this morning having the support of Chef Michael Smith on this journey but also the support of hundreds of people that have taken the time to come and read my first blog post.
The response has been overwhelming and very exciting! 
Thank you all VERY MUCH! 

This weekend I am preparing for my first recipe, I will give a hint... it involves some tiny fish in a can!
Yikes! 
I have never eaten an anchovy in my life, let alone cooked with one.
If you know me personally, you will know that I have an odd fear of fish touching me. Something about the body being firm, the scales, the sliminess.. you name it, it gives me the heebie jeebies! 
I am sure opening that can this week will be somewhat of an experience, but I have no doubts that Michael Smith's recipe will be well worth those tiny firm bodies in a can! 
^I am kind of worried that when  I open that can of anchovies , this will be peering up at me ^
Thank you "Spongebob" for your comedic relief! 

I have one request of everyone, 
Please comment below your location in the world
My family is very excited about my project and would love to hear where YOU are from! 

Thank you once again for your support and when we meet again
the kitchen will be in FULL SWING! 





22 comments:

  1. Pickering ON. Good luck Leslie. It will be fun to watch how you progress. We have got the book as well (signed and all) so your successes will influence our choices. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Isabel! Thanks for your well wishes, this year should be great! I am super jealous.. a SIGNED copy! :O how cool!

      Delete
  2. Sarnia, ON. Loves Chef Smith's books! I have often thought of doing this too. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Tracy from Sarnia! You should follow along and make some recipes as well! I would love to hear how you make out :) Thanks for following along!

      Delete
  3. I saw Michael's repost on Facebook this morning - I will be following all the fun, for sure. My favourite one of his recipes right now is from "Michael Smith's Kitchen' - Crab Corn Chowder with Bacon and Thyme - it is the best!!! I don't have the newest book, I need to get it!!

    I will be following your project, wishing you the very best of luck - I live in Ontario, originally from PEI - actually, my late mother in law lived a couple of houses down from the great chef!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Jill! That recipe sounds amaaaazing! That is VERY cool that your mother in law lived just down the road from the Chef! wow! ... I would be tempted to pop by his house and see whats cooking in the kitchen ;) Thanks for following along!

      Delete
  4. Great idea Leslie. I will be following you from Montreal. I love cooking and all what Michael Smith does. Have fun !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tony! Any favourite recipes you would like to share?

      Delete
  5. You have a great writing style :) So awesome that chef Michael Smith re-tweeted your first post! I'll be reading along from Prince George, BC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had to laugh at your compliment of my 'writing style'. I wanted to be myself with this blog, and they way I write my posts are exactly how I would sit and chat with you over some coffee! Glad you will be following along!

      Delete
  6. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment! I love to hear about where everyone is from :) Along the way I hope you all try some of the recipes too and let me know how you make out! And let me know your favourites from the book if you have made them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds awesome! I can't wait to follow along :)
    Wanda

    Wanda recently posted....http://www.bakersbeans.ca/tabbouleh/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun. Every MS recipe we've made has been delicious, and they all work! Fav is sweet potato chickpea curry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Mea from Halifax! The sweet potato Chickpea sounds interesting, I am not a huge fan of sweet potato, but the mix of chickpea & Curry sounds fantastic. Thanks for sharing :)

      Delete
  9. This is a wonderful idea! My 10 year old son enjoys watching Michael Smith as well. He received the same cookbook for Christmas and is looking forward to
    trying some of the recipes.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great Patti! My children also love Chef Michael! His demeanour is so friendly and the kids love watching him cook on TV. Thank you for your support and taking the time to follow along with me!

      Delete
  10. Can't wait to follow you on your journey. I have 4 of Chef Michael Smith's books and just love making his recipes. Good luck from Nova Scotia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah for taking the time to follow along with me on this journey! I am loving Chef Michaels cook book, and I am really looking forward to making all of his recipes! What's you all time favourite recipe? I would love to know :)

      Delete
  11. From Truro, NS. And love watching Chef Michael Smith too! Can't wait to follow your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Rene from Nova Scotia! Thank you for joining me and taking the time to read along :)

      Delete