Thursday 16 January 2014

Let's Get Started

Over the last few weeks I have been enjoying the food network like no-ones business.

"Chef at home with Michael Smith"has always been a favourite of mine.
While pregnant with our second child Landon, I had a condition called Cholestasis of the liver. 
This condition is rare and only occurs during pregnancy. I will not bore you with all the details, but basically I was on a very restricted diet of NO FAT.
My diet for almost 6 months consisted of cornflakes & skim milk.
I am not even joking.

Anyways back to Michael Smith... 
His home Chef show was always a comfort for me. He cooked the greatest home cooked meals I could ever imagine! Since I couldn't be eating any of these yummy things, my only saving grace was watching the Chef at work. 

Now years later and healthier.. and DONE having children, he has yet inspired me once again. 

I ordered his " Back to Basics- 100 simple recipes with a twist" and was anxious for its arrival. 
Thank goodness for Amazon.ca, I didn't have to wait too long to get started.
I ordered my book on tuesday this week and received it this morning! Good on you Amazon! 
I kind of wished it would of been one of those flying drones that delivered it, but it was just the delivery service. 

This week my motivation came from watching the movie " Julie& Julia" 
If you have not seen this movie and have a passion for cooking, then PLEASE watch it. You will more then likely be inspired too. A short explanation of this movie is a woman named Julie that decides to make all of Julia Childs recipes in one year. 

I am not one for the french style cooking, but Michael Smith is more of my taste. 
On this journey I will be cooking 2 recipes per week from this cook book and posting the details here on my FIRST blog! 

I am currently a stay at home mom to our 3 children and they are just as excited to experience this journey with me... So is my husband that LOVES to eat! 

I have considered the idea of adding my youtube channel to this blog and posting videos of certain recipes that may be more challenging for me. I am sure everyone can use a good laugh! 

I am very excited to have you join my journey. 

Day 1- 100 recipes to Go! 

4 comments:

  1. I will be following your journey! Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your cooking blog from Prince Edward Island...yes, I have met Chef Michael Smith!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good Morning Carol! Thanks for following along with me! You met Chef Michael!?!? How amazing! I would love to visit PEI this year, it looks beautiful :)

      Delete